OK, Doristas, how were your tartines? Did you share or eat them yourselves? As a snack or a meal? Leave your links here!
How well stocked is your supermarket? Leave your hearty soup links here! Is it spring yet?
Let’s see if Mary’s predictions for this week’s recipes play out. Leave your links here. Happy Valentine’s Day!!! XOXOX
Beef on a string = Meat and potatoes, the French way. Leave your delicious links here.
Mardi’s choice. An extra dessert to start of the year with extra sweetness. And something complicated for a change. How did your Paris-Brest come out? Leave your links here.
Mussels anyone? Fast food redefined, I think! Leave your links here. (P.S. Poll to vote for February recipes should be up some time Friday morning. Sorry for the delay.)
Dorie gives three varieties of simple soups this week. Did you make just one? Two? Three? Red Pepper? Broccoli? Asparagus? Another version altogether? Do tell! Leave your links here.
January 2014 FFwD Dessert #1. So many flavor possibilities. What dried fruit? What nuts? What spice? How did your own personal version of baked apples come out? Leave your links here.
Happy New Year, Doristas! Did you enjoy this “little black dress” of a side dish? Leave your links here.
Hope your gravlax was delicious. Leave your links here! Happy New Year to all! Until next week…
Vote for March Recipes (choose 4) - poll closes Monday 2/24/14
- Two Tartines from La Croix Rouge (p42) (78%, 14 Votes)
- Sausage-stuffed Cornish Hens (p226) (67%, 12 Votes)
- Scallop and Onion Tartes Fines (p168) (50%, 9 Votes)
- Vegetable Barley Soup with the Taste of Little India (p89) (44%, 8 Votes)
- Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes with Garlic (p353) (44%, 8 Votes)
- Lamb and dried apricot tagine (p284) (39%, 7 Votes)
- Coddled Eggs and Foie Gras (p194) (28%, 5 Votes)
- Baby bok choy, sugar snaps and garlic en papillote (p348) (28%, 5 Votes)
- Cabbage and Foie Gras Bundles (p193) (17%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 18
February 14, 2014: helen’s all-white salad (p108)
February 21, 2014: butter and rum crepes (p411)
February 28, 2014: garbure from the supermarket (p86)
March 7, 2014: Two Tartines from La Croix Rouge (p42)
March 14, 2014: Sausage-stuffed Cornish Hens (p226)
March 21, 2014: Scallop and Onion Tartes Fines (p168)
March 28, 2014: Vegetable Barley Soup with the Taste of Little India (p89)